All BS (H) / undergraduate programs offered at NIU require following admission criteria, in general.
- Minimum 60% aggregate marks each in SSC and HSSC OR equivalent exams (as per IBCC equivalence).
- Candidates of FA / FSc / ICom stream can apply for NIU admission test on the basis of Part-I result but confirmation of admission is subject to provision of Detailed Marks Certificate.
- All non FA / FSc stream candidates must have equivalence certificate of their qualification, duly obtained from IBCC, Pakistan in relevant groups / subjects and with minimum 60% marks.
- Candidates of O/A Level or any other foreign equivalent qualification can apply on the basis of O Level (SSC) equivalence certificate obtained from Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC) office but confirmation of their admission is subject to provision of A Level (HSSC) equivalence certificate duly obtained from IBCC, Pakistan.
- Academic qualification considered necessary for distinctive programs is as follows:
|Program||Local System of Studies||Foreign System of Studies|
|BS (H) Economics with minor in Econometrics||FA / FSc / ICom (HSSC) with any combination and supplementary knowledge of Mathematics will give additional benefit||O’ / A’ Level or equivalent with any combination and supplementary knowledge of Mathematics will give additional benefit|
|Bs (H) Development Economics|
|BS (H) Finance and Information Sciences||FA / FSc / ICom (HSSC) with any combination and supplementary knowledge of Mathematics, Accounting / Finance will give additional benefit||O’ / A’ Level or equivalent with any combination and supplementary knowledge of Mathematics / Accounting / Finance / Accountancy will give additional benefit|
|BS (H) Clinical Nutrition||FSc Pre-Medical Group||O level (SSC) equivalence of “Science group” and A level (HSSC) equivalence of “Pre-Medical group” or any other group with three subjects including Biology and Chemistry as mandatory subjects|
|BS (H) Speech & Language Pathology|
|BS (H) Medical Lab Technology|
|Doctors of Physiotherapy|
|BS (H) Biochemistry|
|BS (H) Biotechnology|
- In addition to the above academic qualification, passing of NIU admission test and interview is mandatory to get admission in any program at NIU.
- The University reserves the right to reject any application for admission without assigning any reason.