Ms. Saima Naz
Miss Saima Naz is currently working as a Lecturer in the Department of Clinical Nutrition at NUR International University, Lahore, Pakistan. Her PhD (Food Technology) Thesis is in the process of foreign evaluation. She has received her M.Sc (Hons) degree in Food Science and Technology from University of Agriculture, Faisalabad, Pakistan. She was awarded with HEC Indigenous and IRSIP Scholarship during her doctoral studies. She worked in Food Science Department at University of Nebraska, Lincoln, USA for 6 months for research part of PhD. She has worked in domains of Food and Nutrition during her doctoral study, developed and characterized the microencapsulated flaxseed oil to combat the Omega-3 fatty acids deficiency prevailing in modern day diet. She served as a Teaching Assistant at National Institute of Food Science and Technology, University of Agriculture, Faisalabad, Pakistan. She presented her M.Sc (Hons) work at IFT 2017 held at Las Vegas, USA. She has participated in many National & International Conferences, Symposia, workshops and seminars. Her areas of expertise comprises of Food & Nutrition, Edible Fats and Oils, Cereal Sciences, Food Analysis, Research Methodology and Statistical Analysis.
- PhD in Food Science and Technology from University of Agriculture, Faisalabad, Pakistan (Thesis submitted for Foreign Evaluation)
- Sc(Hons) in Food Science and Technology from University of Agriculture, Faisalabad, Pakistan 2011-2013
- Sc(Hons) in Agriculture (Major: Food Technology) from University of Agriculture, Faisalabad, Pakistan 2007-2011
- Poster Presentation at IFT 2017. “Effects of different levels of whole wheat flour addition on the physico-chemical and sensory characteristics of Frozen Paratha during storage”. S. Naz, A. Shehzad and A. Shabbir. IFT 2017 held on 25-29 June 2017 at LasVegas, Nevada, USA.
- One day workshop on “Metabolomics” held on 9 March, 2017 at Beadle Center University of Nebraska, Lincoln, USA co-sponsored by Center for Biotechnology and Waters.
- Successfully completed the 44th Post Graduate Training Course on “Nuclear and Other Advanced Techniques in Agricultural and Biological Research” held on 21 November to 02 December, 2016 organized by Nuclear Institute for Agriculture and Biology (NIAB), Faisalabad.
- One day training course on “Food Safety and Hygiene Management” held on 01 June, 2016 organized by Faisalabad Chamber of Commerce & industry (FCCI) and Small & Medium Enterprises Development Authority (SMEDA).
- Five days training course on “Standards and Auditing skills for Halal-Compliance & Halal Lead Auditor” held on 11 to 15 March, 2016 at National Institute of Food Science and Technology, University of Agriculture, Faisalabad, Pakistan, organized by Halal foundation, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Five days training course on “Infant and Young Child Feeding” held on 13 – 17 June, 2011 organized by National Institute of Food Science and Technology, University of Agriculture, Faisalabad, Pakistan in collaboration with UNICEF.