Ms. Rabia Azmat
MS SLP, HOD, Lecturer, Department of Speech and Language Pathology
Course Coordinator of Speech and Language Pathology
- MS Rabia Azmat joined NIU as course coordinator of speech and language pathology. Ms. Rabia Azmat received her Bachelor’s degree in speech and language pathology from University of Health Science in 2012. She was awarded with Gold medal from University of Health Sciences (UHS). She received her M.phil degree in speech & language pathology from Riphah International University in 2015. She got total 9 medals during her academic period. She has five years of teaching & clinical experience in field of speech and language pathology. She has been a university approved internal and external examiner, paper setter, paper assessor and auditor in various speech and language pathology courses. Beside her academic engagements she performs multiple clinical activities at Fatima memorial hospital.Her research interest includes
- Professional ethics & industry involvement in clinical education
- Evidence based practices in speech and language pathology
- Communication and feeding skills development in infants and toddlers
- Early identification of children with autism.
Bachelor’s degree in speech and language pathology from University of Health Science in 2012
M.phil degree in speech & language pathology from Riphah International University in 2015
- Prevalence of articulation disorders in school going children. Rabia Azmat, Muhammad Sikander Ghayas Khan, M.Tariq Manzoor, M.Ibrahim, Sadia Tahira, Safa Pervaiz. (2014) 3(1):32-3
- Prevalence of Stammering in School Going Children between Ages of 8 to 12 Years. Sadia Tahira, Muhammad Sikander Ghayas Khan, M. Tariq Manzoor, M. Ibrahim, Rabia Azmat, Safa Pervaiz. JRCRS. 2016; 4(1): 15-17
- The attitudes of Undergraduate students regarding Inter-professional education abstract published in International Journal of Rehabilitation Sciences. Safa Pervaiz, Sikander Ghayas Khan, Rabia Azmat, Sadia Tahir, Hira Jabeen Int J Rehabil Sci, 2015, 4(2): 45, Received: 11-05-2015, Revision received: 09-07-2015, Accepted for presentation: 17-09-2015
- Dysphagia Assessment Practice Pattern amongst Speech and Language Pathologist In Punjab. Rabia Azmat, Sikander Ghayas Khan, SadiaTahir, Safa Pervaiz. Int J Rehabil Sci, 2015, 4(2):46, Received: 19-06-2015, Revision received: 05-07-2015, Accepted for presentation: 04-08-2015
- Exploring the barriers and motivators towards research among faculty members of allied health sciences of public and private universities in Punjab, Pakistan. Abstract published in International Journal of Rehabilitation Sciences. Safa Pervaiz ,Syed Amir Gilani Muhammad Sikander Khan, Rabia Azmat.
|Will be involved in teaching from 3rd semester|