Dr. Babar Aziz
Professor and Dean
Dr. Babar Aziz is a Professor of Economics at the NUR International University. He is also Dean of Academic Affairs and Dean of Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences at NIU since 2016. Dr. Aziz received his PhD in Economics from Bahauddin Zakaryia University and MPhil from Quaid-i-Azam University. Prior to his appointment at NIU, he was on the economics faculty of Forman Christian College (2010-2016) most recently as Professor and Head of the Economics Department. He has also served at Government College University, Bahauddin Zakaryia University, Quaid-i-Azam University and Pakistan Institute of Development Economics. He is also a referee for numerous academic journals. His research interests lie in the areas of applied microeconomics and development economics. He has authored or co-authored more than 23 articles and professional reports. He has supervised 25 MPhil and 4 Master’s theses. In recognition of his services, he was conferred the Best Teacher in the Punjab distinction award in 2005 by Government of the Punjab.
PhD in Economics from Bahauddin Zakaryia University
MPhil from Quaid-i-Azam University.
- Aziz, B.; Iqbal, Z. & Butt, Z. (2016): The Extent, Cause and Severity of Household Food Insecurity in Pakistan: Evidence from Micro Data. FWU Journal of Social Sciences, 10(2).
- Ahmad, I.; Aziz, B.; & Ali, A. (2016): Does Infrastructure Matter for Household’s Incomes in the Rural Dimension of Pakistan Economy? Forman Journal of Economic Studies, 12.
- Aziz, B.; Iqbal, Z & Lodhi, S. (2016): Role of Remittances in Determining Household Consumption Patterns and Welfare: A Case Study of Pakistan. International Journal of Economics, Finance and Management Sciences, Vol. 4(2), 4(2).
- Ahmad, I.; Ali, A.; & Aziz, B. (2015): Rural Infrastructural Development and its Role in Poverty Reduction: Evidence from Pakistan. International Journal of Economics and Finance, XX.
- Wasim, S.; Aziz, B.; & Iqbal, Z. (2015): An Intra-Provincial Analysis of Expenditure Elasticities and Household Economies of Scale. Forman Journal of Economic Studies, 11.
- Aziz, B.; Wasim, S.; & Iqbal, Z. (2014): Exploring the Differences in Consumption Patterns: An Analysis of Urban & Rural Regions of Pakistan. Pakistan Journal of Social Science, 32.
- Anwar, A.; Haseeb, M.; & Aziz, B. (2014): Determining the Linkages between Inequality and Poverty Reduction: Evidences from Pakistan. Journal of Basic and Applied Scientific Research, 4(2).
- Wajid, Z.; Aziz, B.; & Iqbal, Z. (2014): Smuggling around the World: An Empirical Investigation of Causes and Indicators. Forman Journal of Economic Studies, 10.
- Aziz, B.; Khan, K.; & Iqbal, Z. (2013): An Inquiry into the Existence of Vicious Cycle and Tax Driven Underground Economy of Pakistan. Pakistan Journal of Social Science, 31.
- Idrees, M.; Raza, K.; & Aziz, B. (2013): An Econometric Analysis of Electricity Demand for the Residential Sector of Pakistan. Forman Journal of Economic Studies, 8.
- Wajid, Z.; Aziz, B.; & Iqbal, Z. (2013): Smuggling around the World: An Empirical Investigation of Causes and Indicators. Conference Paper presented at International Conference on Economic, Finance and Management Outlooks 5, 6 October, 2013, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Khalil, M.; Aziz, B.; & Anwar, A. (2012): Estimating Consumer Demand for Major Food Items in Pakistan: A Micro Data Analysis. Pakistan Journal of Life and Social Sciences, X(1).
- Anwar, A.; Aziz, B.; & Ali, S. (2012): The Rotterdam Demand Model and its Application to Major Food Items in Pakistan. Journal of Basic and Applied Scientific Research, 2(5).
- Aziz B.; Khalil, M; Iqbal, Z.; & Hussain, I. (2011): Estimating Food Demand Elasticities in Pakistan: An Application of Almost Ideal Demand System. Forman Journal of Economic Studies, 7.
- Tasneem, A. & Aziz, B. (2011): Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) and Economic Performance of Pakistan: Is there any Relation? Journal of Economics, 2(2).
- Aziz, B. & Malik, S. (2010): Household Consumption Pattern in Pakistan: A Rural-Urban Analysis. Forman Journal of Economic Studies, 6.
- Naz I.; Ali, S.; & Aziz, B. (2010): Dynamics of Poverty in Rural Punjab: A Case Study of Tehsil Samundri. Forman Journal of Economic Studies, 6.
- Chaudhry, IS.; Iqbal, T.; & Aziz, B. (2010): The Impact of Exchange Rate and its Volatility on Trade Structure of Pakistan: A Time Series Analysis. Conference Paper presented at International Conference on Economics at GCU Lahore.
- Aziz, B. & Pervaiz, M. (2009): Socio-Economic Characterstics and Household Saving Behaviour in Pakistan. Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities, 7(1).
- Aziz, B.; Khan, T.; & Aziz, S. (2008): Impact of Higher Education and Economic Growth of Pakistan. Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities, 6(2).
- Malik, S. & Aziz, B. (2006): Surmising Consumer Demand Systems and Structural Changes using Time Series Data for Pakistan. Pakistan Economic and Social Review, XLIV(1).
- Malik, S. & Aziz B. (2005): Demand for Meat; Separability and Structural Changes (A Nonparametric Analysis). Journal of Research, 25.
- Aziz, B. (2004): Demand for Meat and Structural Changes in Pakistan: An Econometric Analysis. Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities, 2(2).
|Introduction to Computing||Fall 2016||CSCS 101|
|Fundamentals of Economics||Spring 2017||ECO 100|
|Research Methods I||Spring 2017||MCN 603|