PEDIATRIC CLINICAL RESIDENCY
This course will address Rehabilitation Management of the pediatric patient. Foundation sessions will provide the participants with a model to use while learning about Pediatric Pathologies, Assessments and Interventions. It also involves the examination and treatment of real time pediatric patients using an interdisciplinary approach at Fatima Memorial Hospital.
Students will improve their clinical expertise in the following domains:
- Pediatric History Taking and Examination
- Pediatric Assessment and Outcome Measure
- Rehabilitation of Special Condition:
- Cerebral Palsy
- Spina Bifida
- Limb Deficiency
- Traumatic Brain Injury
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- To maintain and achieve excellence in student’s ability of Pediatric patient care.
- To interact with pediatric patients with hands-on training of various pediatric interventions under the supervision of teaching staff with professional ability, enthusiasm and a commitment to teaching.
Students will be able to:
- Take pediatric history and detailed assessment of the patient’s condition through standard outcome measures.
- Make therapeutic decisions based on patient information, current scientific evidence, and clinical judgment about pediatric musculoskeletal and neuromuscular pathologies.
- Act in a consultative role to other physicians and health professionals.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Dr. Lubna Zafar is a determined and skilled Physiotherapist. She has graduated from Fatima Memorial Hospital, Lahore and completed PPDPT from University of Health Sciences. She has worked in Amin Maktab for five years and serving with her excellence in Fatima Memorial Hospital as Pediatric Rehabilitation Specialist. She has attended several Pediatric training workshops across Pakistan.
Dr. Maha Zaheer is a passionate and hardworking Physiotherapist. She received her Bachelor of Physical Therapy (BS.PT) degree from Fatima Memorial Hospital and completed Post-graduation in Neuro-Muscular Physical Therapy (MS. NMPT) from Riphah International University. She has attended several of Pediatric training workshops and currently she is efficiently performing her duties at NUR International University.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Graduates of Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Fourth year and fifth year students of Doctor of Physical Therapy
Registration Deadline: 28 June, 2019
Registration Fee: Rs. 2000/-
Course Fee/month: Rs. 40,000/-
Course duration: 8 weeks (8th July 2019 – 30th August 2019)