MSK CLINICAL RESIDENCY
This course includes relevant tests and measures for determining impairment and differentiating the diagnosis based on the specificity and sensitivity of the assessment instruments related to patients with musculoskeletal conditions. The use of Evidence-Based Physical Therapy intervention for musculoskeletal conditions will be emphasized. All topics will focus on medical terminology, clinical examination, evaluation, comparing contemporary, traditional interventions and the impact of evolving technology in this area
PRINCIPLES AND CONCEPTS OF MUSCULOSKELETAL EVALUATION & ASSESSMENT
- Patient History
- Principles, Vital Signs, Examination Of Specific Joints, Functional Assessment, Specific Diagnostic Tests, Reflexes and Cutaneous Distribution, Joint Play Movements, Palpation
- Evaluation /Assessment of Spine And Peripheral Joints
- Effects of Range Limitation on Functional Activities
- Principles of Assessment and Outcome Measures
- Documentation in SOAP Notes Format
Following areas will be focused in Evidence based Musculoskeletal Physical Therapy Treatment protocols:
- Shoulder and Shoulder Girdle
- Elbow And Forearm Complex
- The Wrist and Hand
- The Hip
- The Knee
- The Ankle and Foot
The practical training will be sought in Physiotherapy treatment based settings. Keeping in view therapeutic principles, management of various pre and post-operative conditions will be practiced under supervision. The practical work might include:
- Therapeutic Management of Conditions Of Spine
- Therapeutic Management of Conditions Of Extremities
- Therapeutic Management of Vascular Disorders
- Therapeutic Management of Pulmonary Conditions
- Reflective Clinical Case Studies
- Supervised Practical Application of Therapeutic Techniques on Patients In Outdoor and Indoor Physiotherapy Treatment Settings.
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Create the Concepts of Musculoskeletal Evaluation and Assessment.
- Demonstrate Taking Patient History ,Observation and Examination, Principles, Vital Signs, Examination of Specific Joints, Functional Assessment, Specific Diagnostic Tests, Reflexes And Cutaneous Distribution, Joint Play Movements, Palpation ,Evaluation /Assessment of Spine and Peripheral Joints , Causes , Effects of Range Limitation on Functional Activities, Principles Of Assessment and Outcome Measures.
- Documentation in SOAP Notes Format.
- Practice Evidence Based Musculoskeletal Physical Therapy Treatment Protocols
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Dr. Ayesha Kaneez is a competent senior lecturer and clinician at FMH. She is skilled at dealing with orthopedic and MSK related disorders in evidence based manner. She has a work experience for more than 3 years and has been undertaking the training of students successfully.
She aspires to further progress her career in this field and shares her knowledge and skills with upcoming PT’s.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Graduates of Doctor of Physical Therapy
Registration Deadline: 28th June, 2019
Registration Fee: Rs. 2000/-
Course Fee/monthly: Rs. 40,000/-
Course Duration: 8 weeks (8th July, 2019 to 30th August, 2019)
Clinical Rotation Duration: 4-6 hours per day