HISTORY TAKING: A Programmatic Approach
This course addresses all the components of the history taking procedure. In this course, participants will learn the art of history taking and first interaction with patients. Participants will learn skills in all settings (inpatient and outpatient) as well as on all types of patients (surgical, non-surgical, pediatric, geriatric, etc.). It includes general history taking skills as well as its pertinence to all systems.
Students will improve their history taking skills in the following domains:
- History Components
- Past and Current patient/Client History
- Chief Complaint
- Medical/Surgical History
- Present and Pre-Morbid Functional Status/Activity
- Social and Occupational History
- Lab Values
- Documentation of the History
- History Taking in Different Systems
- General Health Condition
- Cardiovascular System (CVS)*
- Respiratory System (RS)
- Gastrointestinal System (GIS)
- Urinary System (US)
- Genital Reproductive System (GRS)
- Integumentary System
- Musculoskeletal System
- Neurological System
- Recognition of Red and Yellow Flags
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- To make participants competent of using different component of history taking and moving towards diagnosis and treatment.
- To provide participants hands-on training on history taking that will help participants to use its methods in different departments.
Participants will be able to:
- Gain knowledge and understanding about different components of history taking and their subcomponents.
- Understand components of each history taking part.
- Understand and interpret different lab values and their importance in different departments.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Dr. Bushra Riaz is a determined and skilled Physiotherapist. She has graduated from Children hospital, Lahore and completed t-DPT from University of Health Sciences. She has four-year experience of working at Fatima Memorial Hospital as a Clinical Physical therapist and is currently working in NUR International University as senior lecturer. She is teaching clinical supervised practice and has expertise in history taking. She has attended a number of History taking training workshops across Pakistan.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- 3rd,4th and 5th year DPT students
- Graduate students of DPT
Registration Deadline: 28th June, 2019
Registration Fee: Rs. 2000/-
Course Fee: Rs. 25,000/-
Course Duration: 4 weeks (8th July, 2019 to 2nd August, 2019)