The Lab provides support to NIU bio-chem students in spectroscopy and microscopy. The lab houses an extensive collection of characterization tools, Titan TEMs with sub-angstrom resolution and 11 NMRs, with frequencies ranging from 500 MHz to 950 MHz. The facilities are equipped with best-in-class instruments and staffed by teams of highly trained professionals and specialists.
It consists of 100 workstations and is fully air-conditioned. Online tests for the students are also conducted in the lab by different departments. It has a good collection of CDs on subjects as well as high-speed cable Internet connectivity. It is a popular facility for staff and students. The use of computing resources to disseminate obscene, or libelous materials, to threaten or harass others, or otherwise to engage in activities forbidden by this Code is subject to disciplinary action. NIU maintains a comprehensive log of all user activity performed on workstations in computing labs. These user logs can, and are, referred to when an event of misuse of resources is reported.
The university library is a rapidly expanding facility, presently equipped with a book and journal section. It has all the relevant books for your referencing and subscribes to international and local journals. Latest methods are being used for cataloguing and classification in library.
The library has an archive section with previous issues of journals and books. It has access to worldwide information through the Internet. The facility provides free online access to more than 2,000 journals & books and also offers document delivery service to its users. It has established the Information Resource Centre (IRC) with 100 Computers offering free access to full text journals from HEC databases, printing and scanning facility.
Library Usage Policy
- Leave your personal belongings such as handbags, briefcases, etc., outside the library entrance at your own responsibility. The library is not liable for any loss or damage.
- Submit any book for inspection, when requested by the library staff.
- Do not write, underline or mark any book. Library books are carefully examined on return and the borrower will be held responsible for any damages.
- Please leave books on the table or on the book trolley after reading. Please do not shelve the books.
- Complete silence should be observed except for brief and subdued talk with the library staff.
- Drinks and eatables are not allowed in the library.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited inside the library.
- Keep your mobiles switched off/silent within the library premises.
The university recommends separate hostels for male and female students. The hostels have wardens, supporting and security staff available round the clock. Provision of hostel accommodation is subject to availability and preference is given to candidates from outside Lahore.
The university has arrangements with private vendors for pick and drop facility from homes. All students are required to abide by the parking and transport facility of the institution.
Whether personal or professional issues, student advisor shall be available on campus to sort your issues and to maintain obedience. All your information with the advisor/counselor shall be kept confidential.
A special service for the Disabled shall be provided such that; elevator, wheel chairs, and classes on ground floor can also be considered in special case.
A fully fortified cafeteria is situated within the vicinity of the campus. The food is hygienically prepared in a well equipped kitchen under the supervision of trained staff. It offers assorted menus for breakfast and lunch at reasonable rates. In addition to scrumptious meals, snacks, cold drinks, tea, coffee and ice cream are also available.