WHAT IS BS SLP?
The Bachelor of Speech Pathology is a highly specialized degree that will equip you with the knowledge and practical skills needed to pursue a career as a professional speech & language pathologist. Speech and language pathologist are allied health professionals responsible for the assessment and treatment of children and adults with communication and swallowing disorders, such as, delayed speech and language development, cleft lip and palate, voice disorders and stuttering.
WHY AT NIU?
When you undertake a Bachelor of Speech & Language Pathology at NUR international university, you will have the opportunity to study with award-winning researchers and step inside the profession of speech & language pathology by gaining substantial clinical experience. Our Speech & language Pathology degree is renowned as the most comprehensive degree. We offer a highly specialized degree with clinical component. Our students are rotated to different hospital like FMH, CMH, Sheikh Zayed hospital to gain hands-on practice.
Graduate in speech-language pathology will be able to:
– Meet eligibility for international certification
– Meet eligibility teacher certification in speech-language pathology
– Be employed in a medical facility, school or private practice setting
– Be prepared for admission into a M.Phil-level program
– Be prepared to assume leadership positions in professional organizations
SLP is a unique Program and has very high job placement opportunities like professional courses both in Government and Non- Government sectors, not only
in Pakistan but also in foreign countries particularly in USA .Speech Language Pathologists can also start their own Speech clinic and work in following settings.-
– Rehabilitation centers
– Private practice
– Colleges and universities
– Special education schools organizations