Department of Clinical Nutrition, NIU
Summer Short Courses, 2019
Course No 2.
Course Name: APPLIED COMMUNITY NUTRITION
Duration: 4 weeks
Days per week: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
Timings: 01:00 pm – 04:00 pm
Venue: NUR International University, Lahore (City Campus: 11/1 B Model Town)
Date: 1st July to 26th July, 2019
Instructor: Dr Qaisar Raza (PhD, Public Health Nutrition)
Fee: 6000 (Inclusive of 2000 Registration Fee)
Last Date to Register: 28th June 2019
- Define community nutrition/public health nutrition and describe the role of a community dietitian-nutritionist/public health nutritionist.
- Describe and evaluate methods for examining determinants of nutrition problems in communities/sub-populations to inform the development of nutrition programs.
- Collect, analyze and critically review data examining determinants of nutrition problems in communities/sub-populations to inform the development of nutrition programs.
- Demonstrate skills in group work including – collaboration, teamwork, group negotiation and; – working with other health professionals, stakeholders and partners in a community setting.
- Demonstrate skills in written and oral communication.
- Demonstrate skills in project management.
- Critically reflect on their practical experience in the community/public health nutrition domain of practice.
Introduction to Community Nutrition, Determinants of Food Choice and Diet Behaviors, Life cycle Nutrition in Community, Nutrition Education in community setting and Behavior Theories, Community Nutrition Assessment & Nutrition Monitoring (Surveys and Surveillance), Nutrition Policies and Programs in Pakistan, Community Based Nutrition Policy and Programs & Food Security, Dietary Diversity and Biodiversity & Food Frequency Questionnaire Development