CERTIFICATE IN CLINICAL LAB MANAGEMENT
Laboratory Management Course focuses on developing the knowledge and abilities to run a laboratory efficiently and effectively by focusing on skills in leadership, time management, personnel management, team development, motivation, and strategic thinking and planning. It will provide you with comprehensive conceptual knowledge and the practical skills needed to become a Laboratory Manager.
By adopting strategic thinking, embracing innovation, and investing in change, laboratory staff can contribute to patient satisfaction, reduced staff turnover, and improved laboratory performance. This program introduces fundamental concepts to consider for patient safety initiatives, practical assessment tools for the management of errors and improving lab processes with patient safety goals in mind.
Our curriculum emphasizes on:
- Understanding of organizational structure and management functions
- Developing the capabilities required to progress into management.
- Complementing succession planning by developing practical laboratory management skills.
- Evolving confidence in key management topics, including laboratory finance, quality and people management.
- Dealing with complex challenges in a self-assured management capacity.
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Understand the management of laboratory operations and processes.
- Understand how to manage teams in a laboratory.
- Have the ability to create a productive work environment with a basic understanding of leadership and change management.
- Have the ability to control costs and understand financial management.
- Understand the management of quality assurance in a laboratory.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is intended for:
- Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT) Graduates; to provide the knowledge of practical field, professional life and its challenges and guide them to get better career opportunities.
- Laboratory Professionals; to improve their training, their job satisfaction and career opportunities.
- Supervisors, Managers and Laboratory directors; to give some tools to help guide them through the rigors of managing the operations of a laboratory in today’s changing environment.
Whether new to laboratory management or seeking to refresh or update your knowledge in the area, you will find value in this coursework.
- Abubakar Imran
BS. (Hons) MLT, MPhil
HOD and Asst. Professor
Contact Number: 0333-4309005
- Faiza Usman
B.Sc. (Hons.) MLT, MPhil Medical Laboratory Sciences
Lecturer (NIU) and Ph.D Scholar (UHS)
Registration Deadline: 28th June, 2019
Registration Fee: Rs. 2000/-
Course Fee: Rs. 12,000/-
Course Duration: 06 weeks (8th July to 22nd August, 2019)